TOP FREE WEIGHT-LOSS/FITNESS/HEALTH APPS

14.4.16


As you may or may not know, there are a lot of 'health' apps now available on app stores. I've probably tried and tested at least 60-70% of them, and am going to give you all a list of some of my ultimate favourites that I honestly couldn't live without! These are apps for all different kinds of things, but all involve healthiness or fitness etc.


My Top Apps for Health/Fitness:

  1. EARTHMILES - FREE 
    • Earthmiles is a new app that I have come to love. I actually downloaded this because I saw the beautiful Carly Rowena tweeting about it. I have never looked back. I find the community of people great, and LOVE the concept of the app. If you've never heard of this app before it's great. It's basic concept is to reward people for their fitness. Whether this be a marathon or just the 10 steps they take, you get earthmiles points for everything that you do (fitness wise) in a day. This is tracked through the health app on an iphone, or many other fitness apps: nikefuel, runkeeper, fitbit etc. With your collected earthmiles you can redeem your miles for money off vouchers for fitness classes, fitness equipment or healthy snacks etc. in your local community and online. However, earthmiles also run competitions for walking and running every couple of weeks were you can try your best to walk/run as much as you can and win some amazing prizes. A recent walkathon gave away around £200 of loot, so it's pretty good too. Moreover, I feel as though these activities and the idea of the app, as a whole, definitely give you more motivation to walk a bit further or do another run, which is amazing for your fitness!           
  2. PUMP-UP - FREE
    • Pump-up is an app with an amazing, heart-warming, supportive 'fit' community. The best way I can think of to describe this is as the fitness orientated instagram, meaning that people post photos of what they're eating, or the exercise they're doing, and other people can comment supportive comments or their congratulations etc. on the post. I've never seen any bullying or any negative energy on pump-up which I do find on instagram, and I absolutely love the positive community that exists there. It's a beautiful thing to find in today's society.                                                                                                                                 
  3. WATER LOG - FREE
    • A pretty basic idea, there are many of these apps out there, some costing a few £'s. I love this one because I find it the easiest to use and it's free. The app allows you to track your daily water intake against your recommended intake and notifies you to drink more throughout the day. I love this app, as I find that I want to fill the bar, and drink as much as I can, which I don't find, without an engaging app like this one. Water is so important for your health, but also for your skin etc. water can change a lot about your physical and mental state, therefore it's essential to keep hydrated. Although you can track water intake on my fitness pal, I like the other features of the app, and that the focus in entirely on water. I'm really bad with hydration, and need to force myself to remember to drink throughout the day, so an app like this is perfect for me.                                                                             
  4. NIKE RUN APP - FREE
    • This is a pretty person-specific app I feel. I LOVE it. However, it is only really useful for those of us who love to run/or are getting into running etc. and want to track their different runs easily. Firstly, I love the lay-out of this app, it's functionality is great, and it's extremely easy to use. The app tracks your run/jog/walk by showing your route, through the location tracking on your phone. You press 'start', run as you would usually, with your phone in your pocket, or on an armband (meant for running with no pockets). The phone then tracks where you run, your speed and the time the run takes you. I, firstly, just enjoy seeing my run on the map, and seeing how I did that day, when I arrive home. However, I also enjoy looking back through my previous runs and seeing my progress or if I've beat a record etc. Therefore, I like this app as a basic running tracker (much like runkeeper) however, find it the most easy to use, and the most functional. The app also allows for sharing your runs to social media, although I don't really use this option, and so couldn't comment on it's usefulness.                                                                                                                    
  5. HEALTH - FREE
    • Perhaps, the most well known app, health comes with every (updated) iphone. This is the reason it ranks low on this list, it isn't compatible with a lot of devices, and therefore a lot of people can't take advantage of it. However for those with iphones, health is often underrated. It does track a little many steps and doesn't have the most amazing features, but as a basic fitness tracking app it works pretty well. I use health every day. It automatically tracks your steps, km distance travelled and stairs climbed (among other things) every day, and allows you to view your past data and average data. I also find this a motivational tool because I like to try to beat my records, and exceed my goals, meaning that I'm always pushing for a couple of extra steps here and there. These steps mean a lot to health and to fitness, just walking around for 20 minutes a day is a major improvement on not walking at all, and therefore taking 10's of thousands of steps per day is great as an extra goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT 2016 BAKE-A-BIT | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED